I love this tag. I’ve had my eye on it for a while, after it was created by the lovely Elm a while ago.
Being depressed, socially anxious, and having low self-esteem means that I’ve often thought of myself as having no personality and being flat-out boring. It’s hard believing in yourself, that you’re someone with something to offer when you have a chemical imbalance in your brain.
Making a list of reasons that I love myself, or reasons that I feel make me unique, has always made me feel better. I was actually planning on publishing a post with something like what this tag does, but when the tag came out, I decided to do this (the tag) instead.
- Thank the person that nominated you for this tag and link back to their blog
- Write as many things that are unique to you as possible: these can be things that you do, say, like or have that make you different to other people or let you stand out. It can be what defines you as a person, a little thing about you that is just simply you or something little known that you think makes you up as a person.
- Nominate up to 10 bloggers or as many as you like; there isn’t a limit.
- You can take this tag as seriously or non-seriously as you like; you can laugh whilst doing it or feel contemplative: this is about you, after all.
- After you’ve written this and if you ever feel like there’s nothing to you but what other people have already said and done, look back to your post and remember that it isn’t true. (I love this part!)
What is Unique About Me
What is unique about me?..um…
this is a problem
Ok, I got it! 😂
- I don’t watch TV shows…at all. I don’t have Netflix, or Hulu. I don’t have cable either.
- I love old, classic books! I love older classics more than modern young adult reads.
- Whenever I watch YouTube videos, I turn on the captions. I can hear perfectly fine; it’s just that I have to read what people are saying.
- I can’t stand being cooped up indoors all day- I must. Go. Outside. I guess I’m like the opposite of a vampire- I need my daily sunshine, people!
- I love taking long hikes in the woods and going to the beach.
- Speaking of beaches, I love water! Whether it be from the beach or the sea or a swimming pool or a lake, I love it.
- I am obsessed with stationery. Maybe because it makes me seem organized?
- I have a fierce love of animals. So much that stepping on a snail causes me mild distress, and I don’t even like seeing fish in pet shops.
- I can understand, but not speak, read, or write my native language.
- I find history really interesting. Old things- antiques, old houses, stuff in museums fascinate me– they all have a story!
- I love GIFs and emojis and smiley faces, as you probably can tell:) they just liven everything up! I also dislike, or at least try to avoid using, sad emojis. I overuse the laughing-crying face.
- On several occasions when I was playing tennis matches and losing, I smiled through it LOL. I smile and laugh lots:)
- It is so difficult for me to be concise when I’m writing about something I love. Once I did an assignment that was supposed to be 3-4 pages long; mine was eight.
- Kindness is my top priority. I try to be kind to everyone, whether they be kind to me or not.
- I am a depressed optimist;) anybody else?
And I Nominate:
ALL OF YOU READING! Yayyyyyyy!!!!
I am serious; there is no limit on how many people that you can nominate. If you wish to do the tag, here is your chance! I really love this tag and think that there’s a great message behind it. It’s always nice to realize how many good things there are about yourself! So I won’t nominate specific people, since all of you should have the chance to do it if you want to:)
Xoxo, c. 😊
P.S. Please, really, do it! I’m looking forward to reading your posts:) If you really want to put down who nominated you, you could put my name or maybe you could say that this tag was “suggested by” Cate? LOL I don’t know. I don’t think it matters too much though;) have fun!
Oh and comment below if you did do it! I would love to read all of yours. Just remember not to leave a link, or your comment might be sorted out into spam. Try saying something like agirlanddepression at wordpress instead of agirlanddepression.wordpress.com
Note: This is a scheduled post; I’m currently at Disneyland, hanging out with the mutant mice 😂